Advantages of biogas
Producing biogas gives many advantages for the environment, companies and people involved. The advantages are:
- Biogas is a green energy source in form of electricity and heat for the local grid.
- Considerable environmental advantages - less emission of the greenhouse gasses methane, CO2 and nitrous oxide.
- Environmentally friendly recirculation of organic waste from industry and households.
- Less odour inconveniences when spreading slurry on the fields - fermented slurry smells considerably less than normal slurry and the smell decreases faster.
- Plants absorb fermented slurry better, increasing the yield on the fields.
- Protection of subsoil water - improved nitrogen exploitation reduces leaching and thereby drinking water contamination.
- Reduced costs for artifical fertilizer.
Read more about why go the biogas way and why Bigadan has done it for a elaboration of why it makes sense to be a part of the biogas business.